Your health and wellbeing has always been our top priority, and even more so in these challenging times. We would like to inform you of the added safety measures and protocols that we have taken to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and staff. Our office meets or exceeds the recommendations of the ADA (American Dental Association), CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) to offer our patients the most protective environment. We continue to follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We have been well trained on the steps required to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases like COVID-19. Our office is cleaned and disinfected with hospital-grade products. We have obtained all necessary protective equipment (PPE) for all staff. We have implemented the following protocols for the safety and protection of our patients and staff:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to review the COVID-19 screening questionnaire (medical history, recent symptoms and so forth.) You will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office. We will be taking the temperatures of all staff and patients upon arrival at the office.
- We will be wearing the recommended PPEs including N95/KN95 masks, surgical masks, gloves, face shields, gowns, surgical caps, when appropriate. All staff members have been trained to properly utilize and dispose of all PPEs. Patients will be asked to come in by themselves and to wear a mask, or wait outside, if necessary, to ensure “social distancing.”
- We have installed a plexiglass shield in the reception area and have fully replaced our central air conditioning system to now include HEPA filtration air purifier and UV light for continuous disinfection and fresh air flow.
- We have enhanced disinfecting protocols throughout the office. We have removed magazines and books since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have placed hand sanitizers around the front desk area, bathroom and operatory rooms along with educational signs explaining how to “stop the spread of germs” and “hand washing.”
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
We want to thank you for your understanding as we move forward with the changes and “the new normal” we are living in due to this unprecedented situation, and we look forward to seeing you soon. To make an appointment, please call our office at (718)784-2699.
We are all in this together and we will all get through this together!
Heidi L. Nelson DMD, FAGD